Hello everyone, and welcome to my Corner!
I made this dear heart out of Legos a few weeks ago. I had thought of using it as a challenger for my brother’s Hulkbuster Lego set, but he grew on me and I made up a story for him. NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writer’s Month. It is a writing program where you can set word count goals and get inspiration from your stories. I am planning to write a short story about this character, calling it Hans. Here are a few of my ideas:
- The story will be set in a Renaissance-era world.
- He will be a non-living engine of war called a “warmonger” created by an evil dictator long before.
- His weapons are a huge club/drill, claws, and two shoulder cannons. He is so heavy that he is physically impossible to move, but he gets around using “tensor fields” in his feet.
- When the dictator sent the warmongers to attack a huge castle monastery, monks defeated the dictator and destroyed all the warmongers but this one.
- Now much later, devoid of memory, the one remaining warmonger lives in a village and is known as Hans the Blacksmith.
- When the dictator’s long lost heir arises, demanding Hans’s loyalty, the blacksmith must unwillingly go back to his old job of making war.
- Reluctant to destroy the village he loves, Hans rebels against the new dictator, defeats him, and lives happily ever after.
What do you think? I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun with this story. I’ll be learning how to work photoshop to make a cover for the book of just his face. I might also convince my brother to illustrate it comic-book style. We’ll see how it goes.